Cheesecake is one of the most controversial cakes there is. A lot of recipes are with gelatin or with „too much cheese“ but I can guarantee that everyone will like this gluten free, gelatin free, no bake apricot cheesecake.
No bake apricot cheesecake
For the base:
- 1 cup gluten free cookies
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
For the cream:
- 450g Cream Cheese
- 1 Schmand
- 200ml plant based whipped cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the topping:
- 1 jar of marmalade
- water to thin it out
- Crush the cookies and add the sugar and melted butter, stir and spread in a 8-10 inch form. Set it to chill in a fridge for at least 30minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese, vanilla extract and Schmand, pour in a bit of milk until it’s a smooth paste. Whip the cream and mix it with the rest using a spoon. Spread the creamy mixture over the cookies.
- Chill for at least 4 hours, though 12 would be best.
- Mix the marmalade with water and spread that over your cake.
- Cut, place, eat, enjoy!